Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Socks




Well, I am still on track for 12 pairs of socks this year.

Here is pair number 10. A really simple pattern but still interesting enough to make it fun.






I made a few modifications: 
1) added extra stitches to allow for my fatter feet
2)  ended the pattern panel at the heel
3) plain Jane knit toe
 
I bought this yarn on sale from Mary Maxim and the balls were labelled odd dye lots. I think they are fine for socks.  The only noticeable difference is in the blue stripe.  I ran out of wool on the first sock so the tip of the toe is brown KnitPicks (Cocoa, I think)  There was just enough yarn in the second ball to finish the second sock but I was worried that I would be joining wool in when
 kitchenering the  toe. Didn't happen by about 1/2 an inch!!!


Pattern: Sock it to Me by Patons
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Jacquards
Colour:Fern Rose Jacquard

No comments: