Friday, December 7, 2012

12 in 2012 #15



This is #15  for 2012 and likely to be the last project which I get completed this year.  I still have my twelfth pair of socks to finish so I don't expect to have time for anything else but who knows?

This turned out to be a super easy pattern. Knitted from the top down, the only issue was the length of the rows and keeping interested in the interminable amount of stocking stitch. Note to self: Fingering weight yarn takes a lot of knitting to make a sweater but I still like how fine it is in comparison to DK or worsted.

Now that it is finished, I am not sure I like the top down structure for a jacket in this weight of yarn.  It just kind of hangs.  I have washed it and blocked it so hopefully that will solve the issue.

I am equally unsure about the yarn colour. I expected more variegation and this is really just purple.  It is a gift for SECR so I hope that she likes it more than I do.

Pattern: Cecily Jacket by Snowden Becker from KnitPicks website
Yarn: KnitPicks Stroll
Colour:  Sprinkle Heather

Edited to add:  It does look so much better after blocking.  I quite like it now

No comments: