Saturday, February 23, 2013
2013 #3 Baby Blanket
I saw this pattern sometime ago and thought it would make a different but interesting baby blanket. When K said she wanted all bright colours for the baby I thought of this.
Our local Zellers is closing so when I saw the yarn on sale it seemed like a bonus. When I started we didn't know it was going to be a girl. Once we found out I ran over to get the pink and there it was. This baby was definitely meant to have this blanket.
The pattern uses 50g balls and this yarn comes in 100g balls. That means that there should be enough for 2 blankets so I’ve divided the balls into two.
This is an easy peasy pattern to follow with no problems. Well may be measuring the yarn needed a little forethought so that you finish on the wrong side but really it's very simple.
I added a pink border all around by picking up stitches and then knitting in the round for 3 rows before casting off. I think it looks more finished that way.
This is the first blanket . I have some other projects on the go but then it will be on to blanket #2!!
Size: 30" x 30"
Pattern: Colour your Own Story Baby Blanket by Kate Atherley
Yarn: Bernat Babycakes Cotton
Colour: Red,Vanilla,Turquoise,Gold,Green.Orange,Vanilla,Pink
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment