Tuesday, April 23, 2013
2013 #11 Sugar Cookie Dress and Socks
A little knitted dress for the new baby. I had enough yarn to make a pair of socks too.
This is a very old pattern. Many years ago (pre children!!), I bought yarn by post from a woollen mill. It was called Falcon wools. I don't remember whether it was all wool or whether there were some acrylics too. Anyway, they had several pattern books to help sell the wool. I purchased several and have used lots of patterns from this book but never the dress pattern.
It is very simple to make. I thought about knitting it in the round but in the end I followed the pattern. The sleeves are knit separately and then added to the body to make the yoke in one piece.
There was enough yarn left that I could make a pair of baby socks.
Size: 20 inch
Pattern: Baby Dress in Falcon More Knitting for Babies
Yarn: Sirdar Snuggly 4ply
Colour: Sugar Cookie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment