This is a very straightforward pattern for a child's raglan sweater. It is originally done in a series of stripes but the yarn I had was all one colour and I thought that there would be enough. As it turned out there was almost enough yarn. I had an oddment of reddish brown yarn which I thought would be enough to do the top of the sleeves. There was just enough to do the sleeves but then not enough yarn to do any kind of collar so I picked up and then cast off around the neck. I had exactly 12 inches of green yarn left after stitching this together!!!!
Other changes to the pattern were that I added garter rib stripes ( right side K3, wrong side K1P1K1) to the front to make it a little more interesting.
We need some more sweaters so I have some blue yarn that I am going to make up in the same pattern. I may add cables or some other stitch pattern to the front again
Pattern: Andrew's Stripes from Patons website
Yarn: Patons Beehive Canadiana Sayelle
Colour: Green (4 x 100g) and RedBrown (scraps approx. 0.2 ozs)
No comments:
Post a Comment