Saturday, November 22, 2014

Sand Aviatrix Hat and Puppet Mitts

Little Miss R needs a hat that she can't pull off.  I saw this pattern some tine ago and thought it might fit the bill.  I went through my stash to find some yarn and came up with this from 2010.  It's acrylic but very soft.



Sand Aviatrix Hat


It was a quick an easy knit. I made 3 buttonholes on the strap and added 2 buttons so that it is adjustable.  She is coming for a visit next week so we'll see if it does the trick.

The pattern is written for three different yarn weights.   If it is a success. I'll probably knit one in thicker wool yarn

Size:  55 sts
Pattern:Aviatrix by Justine Turner

Yarn:Mary Maxim Mellowspun
Colour: Sand



I made a pair of little mitts to match. She doesn't like wearing them either!!

Size: 29 sts
Pattern:Easy 2 needle toddler and child mittens

Yarn:Mary Maxim Mellowspun
Colour: Sand



As a further attempt to keep mittens on hands I knit these little puppet mitts.  The pattern is from an old leaflet which I remember my mother using to make mitts for my younger brother and sister.



These turned out a little small and not very easy to get on little hands.  I'll try again for next winter but up size them  quite a bit

Size: 24 sts
Pattern: Patons Leaflet

Yarn:Scrap box leftovers in Fingering/4 ply
Colour: Various

No comments: