Monday, January 5, 2015

Baby Blake

Another English great nephew is due in March So I got busy and knitted a little hoodie and a hat.

The Hoodie turned out to be a little big but that's OK as babies grow!!



The original pattern has three different coloured stripes and is entirely in stocking stitch.  I decided to just use the solid blue for emphasis and so I used 2 rows of garter stitch after each block of 12 stocking stitch rows.
I really like the way this turned out.  The pattern is easy to follow and the solid blue really makes it pop out of the variegated yarn.

Size: 3 - 6 months
Pattern: Bobby by Martin Storey
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby
Colour: Blue Flannel
Yarn: Tent Sale KW
Colour: Blue














I saw this pattern for a hat ages ago and wanted to try it.  It is knit on dpns and that was little tricky at times with the cables.  
This was a lovely pattern and easy to follow. The decreases are all hidden in the cable panels.  The cables themselves decrease in size and length as the hat grows.  Very neat!!

I made and icord loop instead of a pom pom for the top .  I followed the pattern and made strings to tie it with   I am not sure about the safety issues with those.  They can be cut off if L is concerned.

I wish I had used some of the solid blue so that the colour didn't quite so washed out.  There is plenty of yarn left for me to try another one in that colourway.


Size: 88 sts
Pattern: I Heart Cables Hat by Justyna Lorkowska
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby
Colour: Blue Flannel

No comments: