Saturday, August 20, 2016

Blue Sock Yarn Cardi

Third winter Cardi for KDR

This was a very easy pattern and knitted up very quickly. I knew I might be a little short on yarn so I made several modifications. to the pattern



Rib: all K2P2
Body:
Followed 162 sts size but did not cast on 162 sts as that was way too big
140 for rib and then decreased to 126 immediately omitting decreases in body
Added a reverse stocking stitch band for interest
Adjusted length to 9inches from rib to armhole
Sleeves: as pattern
Yoke:
Ran low on yarn so mixed in the Cherub DK which was a perfect colour match.
Added some extra decrease rows at top of sleeves and across back
Neck:
Picked up 84 stitches and decreased to 68
Band is done entirely in DK (held double)

Pattern:  b20-16 Knitted jacket with raglan sleeves by DROPS design
Size: 162 Stitches or 2 years
Yarn: H&W Comfort Wolle Sockenwolle Comfort Color
Colour: D4 Blues
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Cherub DK
Colour: 48 Methyl Blue 

No comments: