I bought a pattern from Knitpicks for a Fiddlehead Cardigan
I loved the intricate cables and the all over design
Well there were numerous errors in the pattern
I did get an updated version so ripped out the partial sleeve and started again.
This time I don't know if it was me or the pattern but I could not get it right so once more a sleeve ripped out. Put everything away for some months
Decided to try using an old raglan sleeve pattern and adding the cable pattern to that .
At least this time it all worked out and I had all the pieces for the cardigan
Then I stopped to check the measurements
Oh my I am not that slim!!! I had not allowed enough for the extra for the cables
So once again ripped it all out
This time I decided to just buy another pattern
So it became the Rhona Cardigan
The pattern is clear and easy to follow. The measurements all match
I am disappointed that the cables on the front don't meet the cables on the back but am not about to rip everything out again. The yarn wouldn't stand for it!!
I went up several sizes as the sleeves are very slim. They fit but do feel tight. Will they loosen with wearing? I do hope so
I was knitting to gauge but didn't block to full size as it would be too big
I love a cream Aran style cardigan.
For my taste the fabric is very loose with a 4.5mm needle. I would rather have used a size smaller needle but wasn't going to try to alter anything this time around
Pattern: Rhona by Glenna C
Size: 126 sts
Yarn: KnitPicks Wool of the Andes
Colour: 23432 Cloud
No comments:
Post a Comment