Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Sort of Gray Cardigan

Over 10 years ago, I bought a kit to make a Kimono wrap
Well it sat in the cupboard and never got started
Decided to use the yarn to make a sweater

Loved this pattern last time I made it so I modified it to make a sweater for me











I am calling it Sort of Gray because of the modifications I made:
Went up a needle size as I have Aran weight yarn
Made the entire sweater 15 ins to armhole cast off
Sleeves and armholes as per pattern
Made neckband and button bands wider - 6 rows
Used 10 buttons
Started both cables at the bottom of the fronts
Started to move one cable just before armhole cast off so that it finished at mid shoulder cast off (near enough!)

May be a little roomy but then it is thick yarn so it will be an outer layer

Love this pattern. It adapted well too!!
Would happily make another if I thought that I needed another sweater


Pattern: A Gray Cardigan by Sally Melville
Size: 122 sts
Yarn: Mary Maxim Aran Irish Tweed
Colour: Aran Tweed


No comments: