The Quilt Guild always makes donations at Christmas time so I set to to make some hats
This pattern looked interesting so I started out with some of the pink yarn
I cast on 80 sts as per the pattern and then increased to 96.
That seemed to be a very odd beginning
I used 4.5mm needles throughout which made for a tight fabric
2 and a half pattern repeats
60g of yarn
There seemed to be some inaccuracies in the pattern but northing that couldn't be fixed
e.g. pattern repeat is suggested doesn't mesh with crown decreases
There was a lot more yarn from K's sweater so I made 2 more hats
Red #1
Followed the pattern as written but upped the needles for the body of the hat to 5mm
80sts 4.5 mm +5 mm needles
2 and a half pattern repeats
58g of yarn
Red#2
Cast on 96 sts K2P1 rib on 4.5mm
3 full repeats of pattern on 5 mm
64g yarn
This was a fiddly pattern so slow to grow but an interesting design.
The mods for the final hat made more sense to me and certainly the hat seemed fine
I used the small size throughout and yet all 3 came out big enough for me
Pattern: Liquorice by Dani Sunshine
Size: Small
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver Solids
Colour: Cherry
Yarn: Red Heart Comfort Solids
Colour: 3194 Shocking Pink
No comments:
Post a Comment