Saturday, August 27, 2022

Mitred Blanket Squares

This post got missed.  The squares  were actually finished in July an are already part of a blanket



At the June meeting of the quilt guild,  I was given various Worsted Weight yarns to make squares for charity
There was a great variety of colours and a definite variation in yarn weight.
There was no pattern just a request for garter stitch squares between 6 an 7 inches square
I chose to make mitred squares as they are usually close to square













I started with 3 stitches and then increased 1 stitch either side of the centre stitch on alternate rows until the side of the square were the right size. Then decrease until back to 1 stitch
The number of rows to get to 6 inches varied considerably with the yarn. that just confirms that they were different weights

Altogether there were twenty one 6 inch squares which MW took to be sewn together to make blankets

I think she said that we had made 72 blankets already !!

No comments: