Found a Canadian independent dyer of yarn based in Calgary
Thought I would try out their yarn on a pair of socks
They have a huge range of colours.
As I wanted to knit the Abacus sock pattern I chose a semi solid 80/20 merino/nylon fingering
The yarn is delightfully sot and smooth . I'll have to wait until winter to see how well it wears
Thought I would try out their yarn on a pair of socks
They have a huge range of colours.
As I wanted to knit the Abacus sock pattern I chose a semi solid 80/20 merino/nylon fingering
The yarn is delightfully sot and smooth . I'll have to wait until winter to see how well it wears
The pattern is easy to follow
I decided to only use one of the twist charts as the difference between the two was not significant in my view
I decided to only use one of the twist charts as the difference between the two was not significant in my view
I also added an extra couple of rows of pattern to the front extending the pattern further down the leg. In fact I should probably have done this to the back as well
Here's a phot showing the twit pattern on the front:
Size: 72 sts.
Yarn: Arcane Fibre Works
Colour: Victorian Petal
No comments:
Post a Comment