Thursday, August 23, 2012

12 in 2012 #11



Here is project number 11.    I love the way the stitches spiral around this hat and that I only have one more project to make 12 for this year!  Yay for me!!!!

I used up some left over wool from my blue hoodie (Project #1 in 2012).  I used a much smaller needle than the pattern recommended and also smaller than I used for the hoodie.  Result?  A much tighter, sturdier fabric.  I like it much better.  I won't rip out the hoodie as it is OK as it is but I would definitely use a smaller needle next time.  That would mean significant adjustments to the pattern to get the size right.  Too much for me right now!!  The hat was an easy change just add extra stitches and knit til it is long enough.  A sweater takes much more fiddling about than that.

Pattern: Hurricane Hat by Andrea Goutier
Yarn: Knitpicks Wool of the Andes
Colour:  Sapphire Heather

No comments: