This was a very simple plain knit. I needed a quick project as I had just 4 days to get this done.
The sweater is knitted from the top down, all in one piece. It does mean that there are no side or sleeve seams but the picot edging needed to be sewn down. I liked the look of the edging in the pattern photo but now that I have completed the sweater, it seems too bulky. I am not convinced that it was worth the effort of stitching down all the edges. It certainly made the buttonholes a little problematic and the ends of the button bands are not very nice.
The pattern called for Bernat Cotton-ish yarn and this is the first sweater I have knitted with it. I don't think that I will use it again . The yarn is just a shade too fine for the needle size and the resulting fabric feels a little loose. It is very lightweight and does not result in an even knit which is essential on such a plain sweater.
I would probably use the pattern again. Although if I were to do that, I would use the garter stitch borders and a different yarn
Size: 12 months
Pattern: Look Mom, No Seams by Vickie Howell
Yarn: Bernat Cotton-ish by Vickie Howell
Colour: Spinning Jenny (purple)
Monday, October 21, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment