Monday, November 4, 2013

2013 #18 Raspbery's Coral Cardi




I am trying to get a little stash of cardigans for Raspberry. I hope to give them to her just around Christmas so that she'll have them when she needs them. 
I loved this pattern when I knitted it up earlier this year (2013#13). This time, I used the alternate pattern which didn't require a cable needle.  It was faster to knit and looks very pretty. 
I used the picot edging on the sleeves and the hem.  It  too looks very pretty but it curled really badly so I was forced to steam press it.  As this is an all in one top down knit, I felt that blocking would be more difficult. 
The yarn was just lovely to work with.  It is a beautiful coral colour and just perfect for this little sweater for a little redhead.  I think I have enough yarn left to make pair of little socks but I may save it to make another cardigan from all the leftovers I have.

 Size: 6 - 12 months
Pattern: Sunnyside by Tanis Lavallee
Yarn: Knitpicks Palette
Colour: Conch

No comments: