Sunday, March 30, 2014
2014 #5 Gosling Raspberries Sweater
This is a sweater for me!! I wanted a neutral and natural cardigan that I could throw on with just about anything. I loved this pattern when I saw it on Knitpicks website. The pattern was clear and easy to follow. I knitted to gauge but the sweater is on the small side. I guess I didn't measure me properly. The colour is browner than I expected but still pretty. I think the button band is a little deeper than I would like. The pattern called for 15 balls of yarn but I have 4 left so I can make a baby sweater with that. I noticed that this time I can see the line where I changed to DPNS on the sleeves. There is either a tension difference which I can't find when I measure or I am rowing out when I use the circs. I think the latter is the most likely. Another reason to go for straights. The big plus with this pattern is that there was no seaming. Even the armholes were picked up without holes.
If I knot it again which I might, I would add more cables up the fronts and down the sleeves
Size: 40 sts
Pattern: Raspberries by Marjorie Dussaud from Tricotbec
Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes
Colour: Gosling 25986
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment