Sunday, September 14, 2014

Green Gray Cardigan

Time to get to knitting for the Hospital.  We have a big sale coming up at the beginning of November and then we have taken a booth at the December Craft Fair in town so we need some pretty special things to sell.  

I loved this pattern when I saw it in the book and now I have had a chance to make it, I still love it.  It is clear and easy to follow. I did change one thing. I made the rib on the sleeve 6 inches deep instead of the 8 inches called for in the pattern.


I had a limited selection of yarn in sufficient quantities to make an adult garment.  I liked the colour of this yarn but it is an old acrylic and fairly stiff.  On the other hand it gives the cables nice definition.

Green Gray Cardigan


I will make this pattern again but I will use nicer yarn. I may also make it a little longer but not much. Part of its attraction is the way it fits the body rather than hangs.




Size:  Small (37")
Pattern:A Gray Cardigan by Sally Melville from Mother - Daughter Knits
Yarn: Zellers Sayelle Worsted
Colour: Green

No comments: