My nephew's wife is expecting their first baby in December. I know that my Mum has made them a quilt so I thought I would knit a jacket and hat.
I found a pattern on a ball of yarn for a hoodie which looked really cute. The yarn was a pretty variegated one with some green in it. so I bought it.
My mother mentioned that they were going to have a green nursery and then I remembered that I had this green left over from another project (baby hoodie) and thought it would make a nice border to the jacket. Then I thought I would make a solid colour hat.
To be sure that I had enough for the hat I knit the hat first. I needn't have worried there is still plenty of yarn. I may even make the sleeves a solid colour We'll see how that goes
The colour in the photo is very washed out. The hat itself was easy enough to knit. Not sure that the ear-flaps are clearly defined or even worth the trouble. It is rather large. I think it will wind up as a toddler hat!
Size: 3/6 months
Pattern:Hat for Little Ears by Bernat
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby Solid
Colour: Fern
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment