Friday, October 3, 2014

Little Trees Hoodie

 This is a little hoodie to go with the hat I made earlier.  It is for my nephew and his wife's first baby.

I bought a onesie and some jeggings to make a whole outfit

The hoodie is actually rather small.  It just measures 18 inches.


  

Baby Hoodie


The pattern is easy enough. I am not sure that I like the point on the hood.

I added a garter stitch edging all around in the same solid green as the hat.

 I integrated button bands with the front pieces by adding garter stitches at the front edge.  I would probably make these a little wider if I were to do this again. 

The pattern says it is made in moss stitch but the stitch used is not what I think of as moss stitch.  It is very easy but I found that it twisted so that the pieces looked to be stretched along one side.



Size:  6 months
Pattern:Hooded Baby Jacket by Bernat

Yarn:Bernat Softee Baby Ombre
Colour: Little Trees
Edging
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby Solid
Colour: Fern

No comments: