Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Purple Anne's Cardigan





This yarn has been sitting for almost 4 years waiting for me to make this sweater.  I made one for KJMR in a pink colour way and loved it. I used to have a cardi in a similar colour and loved that one so finally I have a replacement

Notes: I had to go up a needle to get gauge and that made for a looser fabric
Next time I have this problem I think I'll try going up a sweater size not a needle size
The arms are fuller than they need to be I think I could easily modify the increases to make the sleeves narrower
I used a 3 needle bind off at the shoulders which was perfect for matching patterns and a neat finish

Mods this time
I decided to use full lace panels on the fronts  and 3 lace panels for the back.  I lined these up with the front panels

Overall I am happy with it

Pattern: Anne's Cardigan by Kathy Broughton
Size: 154 Stitches
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Tonal
Colour: Blue Violet

No comments: