I bought this yarn in a half price sale several years ago.
I always planned to make a cabled sweater with it but had trouble finding one which I liked
I finally found this pattern and it looked just perfect
Should have checked more carefully!!
The cable patterns them selves are well written but when I start having to make multiple modifications then it is not a good pattern
As always I had to go up a needle size to get gauge but that was spot on.
The length of the body and the sleeves is way too long. Who has 20 inch arms???
The back neckline is rather large.
The shoulders drop off mine and I am broad shouldered.
The armholes do not fit together nicely with the sleeve tops
The sleeves are very narrow. I ended up using the largest sleeve to get the width I needed which meant more changes to get the stitch count right for the armholes.
The amount of yarn suggested was way less than I needed I used 16 balls as against the recommended 12 and the yardage in my yarn was longer!!
Despite all that I do like the cable pattern and the yarn was lovely to knit with.
It took being ripped back multiple times without splitting or fraying
I used short rows at the shoulders with a three needle cast off so that the cables matched perfectly
Pattern: Confident Cables by Red Heart UK
Size: 142 Stitches
Yarn: Filatura di Crosa Zara
Colour: Salmon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment