When R & K came to visit a couple of weeks ago, they each asked for a winter scarf as they didn't think they had any.
We looked through my stash and R chose this blue and white variegated yarnHere's R's Scarf
We had used my snowflake scarf to see how long it needed to be and R liked the pattern so I made one for her. It curls just like mine but that seems to keep me as warm as a rib scarf
Size: 44'' long 35 sts wide
Pattern: Snowflake Scarf from Winter Lace Scarves
Yarn: Patons CanadianaColour: Light Pastels
Here's K's Scarf
K wanted an orange scarf and I had no orange yarn in my stash. It was easy to find a single ball at Len's Mill. It is a very bright neon so no one will miss seeing him
I decided a rib would be more masculine and used my mistake rib stitch pattern
Size: 44'' long 43 sts wide
Pattern: Mistake Rib
Yarn: Caron Simply Soft
Colour: Neon Orange
Here's B's Hat
It didn't seem right not to make something for B even though she is too little for a scarf.
So I found a hat pattern and some stash yarn for her
Pattern: Hearts Winter Hat by Vera Sanon
Size: 18 months - 3 yrs
Yarn: Mary Maxim Ultra Mellowspun DK
Colour: 818 White
Yarn: Mary Maxim Ultra Mellowspun DK
Colour: 170 Aqua
All three are parceled up ready to go in the mail tomorrow.
Hope they are ahead of the Christmas rush
No comments:
Post a Comment